MedCat Days 202312 June 2023- 13 June 2023 | Conference | Catalan | English | French | Spanish | Palau de Pedralbes, Barcelona
The Ministry for Foreign Action and European Union of the Government of Catalonia and the European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed), with the collaboration of the Alliance for Mediterranean Cooperation (MedCoopAlliance), are promoting the MedCat Days 2023 initiative, which will take place in Barcelona on 12 and 13 June 2023.
Under the slogan “Transforming the Mediterranean”, MedCat Days 2023 provides a space for reflexion, debate, workshops of actors, Euro-Mediterranean initiatives and projects, as well as institutional meetings, with the aim of:
- Analysing the main ongoing dynamics in the Euro-Mediterranean region and the major challenges we face.
- Contributing, from Catalonia, to the deployment of a genuine transformative Mediterranean agenda, taking into account the ability of multi-level governance to influence Euro-Mediterranean collaboration.
- Promoting an integrated, macro-regional and multi-level vision within the framework of European policies in the Mediterranean.
- Foster alliances between agents from Catalonia and the Mediterranean Basin to deepen collaborative governance and the new opportunities that open up for projects focused on governance.
The programme includes the following activities:
- MedCat Dialogues (12 June). Seminar “Reviving the Euro-Mediterranean transformative agenda, together”. This seminar will open a broad debate to rethink and transform Euro-Mediterranean relations in the current context of the conflict in Ukraine, to contribute to implementing the European Union’s New Agenda for the Mediterranean, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals. These challenges require a renewed effort to establish innovative mechanisms of multilevel and collaborative governance involving all actors as agents of transformation in the euro-mediterranean region. In this regard, the Catalan Presidency of the Euroregion Pyrenees Mediterranean promotes a workshop on “The commitment of the Euroregion Pyrenees Mediterranean in the fight against drought”.
- MedCat Partners Forum (13 June). “Governance and Euro-Mediterranean Territorial Cooperation”. Open meeting place focused on the specific objective of Governance as a priority of the Euro-Mediterranean Territorial Cooperation programmes. The debates will analyse the collaborative and transformative governance dimension of the Euro-Mediterranean programmes, the new perspectives and opportunities that it brings us, the impact and the new alliances and synergies it favours. Representatives of relevant programmes and main networks, regional stakeholders of the Mediterranean Basin and project participants will take part in the sessions.
- Side events (12 and 13 June), Mediterranean Youth Meeting: “Mediterranean Youth, a driving force for social change”.
For more information and registrations, please visit the website of the Catalan Government.