MedCat Days 202223 March 2022- 25 March 2022 | Conference | Catalan | English | French | Spanish | Palau de Pedralbes, Barcelona
The Government of Catalonia, together with the European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed) promote the MedCat Days 2022 initiative within the framework of the relaunch of the Mediterranean Strategy of Catalonia, MedCat 2030.
The MedCat Days 2022 provide a space for reflection, workshops between actors and projects, as well as, institutional meetings; it takes place in Barcelona at two moments during 2022: on the 23rd 24th, 25th of March and during the second half of November.
The MedCat Days offer a framework for meetings and dialogues, it also serves as a platform for incidence and visibility for the Catalan actors working in the Mediterranean, with the aim to:
- Contribute to the deployment of the new EU Mediterranean Agenda and boost Green and Digital Transitions.
- Promote new initiatives and projects in the Mediterranean as part of the new generation of Euromed programs.
- Promote agreements and exchanges between Catalan and South Mediterranean actors.
- Promote an integrated, macro-regional and multi-level vision within the framework of European policies in the Mediterranean.
Activities held during the event are as follows:
- March 23: MedCat Partners Forum. In the framework of this event, the IEMed presents its European project CLUSTER. Rewatch the entire event on YouTube.
- Parallel Workshop 1: Innovation and smart development.
- Parallel Workshop 2: Sustainable development, circular economy and adaptation to climate change.
- Parallel Workshop 3: A more social and inclusive Mediterranean, with the presentation of the CLUSTER project.
- March 24: MedCat Dialogues “The Green and Digital Transition in the Mediterranean in the New Mediterranean Agenda”. Rewatch the entire event on Youtube.
- March 25: Side events (Regions Move Seminar, CPRM Political Bureau, Steering Committee of the Shababuna project) with restricted access.