The IEMed celebrates the Mediterranean Day
10 November 2021 | Corporate news
In November 2020, the 42 Member States of the Union for the Mediterranean declared the 28th of November as the official Day of the Mediterranean, to be marked annually, calling upon the entire Mediterranean community and everyone who identifies with the Mediterranean to celebrate the lasting legacy of this age-old agora of cultural dialogue, wisdom, and humanism. The first Mediterranean Day in History is celebrated this November 28 and the IEMed is joining it by organising several exhibitions, conferences, and debates with a view to promoting intercultural exchanges and dialogue.
- November 11, 2021. Presentation of Quaderns de la Mediterrània 32 at Casa Árabe. Art and creativity: bridges of intercultural dialogue.
- November 16, 2021. “CLUSTER – advanCing youth and women sociaL inclUSion in The MEditerRanean” launch conference.
- November 23, 2021. The Mediterranean at the Ateneu.
- November 24, 2021. Med Dialogues +2030. Towards a new development path: a sustainable blue economy for a prosperous Mediterranean.
- November 30 – December 1, 2021. A Sea of Words Contest Awards. Youth and Mobility: Towards a Euro-Mediterranean Citizenship.
- December 13, 2021. Presentation of the policy study ‘Socioeconomic Impacts of Climate Change in the Mediterranean’.
View all Mediterranean Day events at the official website of the Union for the Mediterranean here.
We have asked some young Euro-Mediterranean researchers taking part in our last Youth Forum what would an ideal Mediterranean look like.