European Project Coordinator, A1
Characteristics of the position
Workplace: European Institute of the Mediterranean
Field of work: Services and Human Resources Directorate
Name of the position: Project Coordinator
Category: A1 degree holder
Group, Subgroup: A1
Salary: €31,350.50 per year
Other information: Supplementary pay for the position of IEMed Coordinator (€8,913.48 per year)
Hours: Full time. 37.5h weekly
Shifts: Morning and afternoon
Preferably candidates with a pre-existing permanent link with the Administration of the Government of Catalonia or with the organisations and bodies in its public sector (in compliance with Article 33 of Law 4/2020 of 29 April on Budgets of the Government of Catalonia for 2020).
Applications can also be submitted by candidates who, although not complying with the aforementioned requisite, hold the following:
- The necessary university qualifications to apply for an A1 category position. Candidates from European Union member states must hold some of the qualifications recognised in Spain in accordance with the regulations in force
- Sufficiency level in Catalan (level C) or equivalent
The position of European Project Coordinator will involve carrying out the coordination and monitoring tasks of EU-funded projects and providing advice to the Scientific Coordinators, in close collaboration with the Director of Services and Human Resources.
The specific tasks of the post are:
- Budget planning, monitoring, supervision of narrative and financial reports, and close involvement in the technical-scientific justification of the European projects funded by the following grants given to the IEMed by the European Commission: ENI/2019/412-960 “CONNECTING THE DOTS” // Grant Agreement Nr.870772 “CONNEKT” H2020-SC6 // ENI/2019/412-505 C “CREACT4MED”// C_A.3.1_0014 “CLUSTER” // B_A.1.1_0065 “INVESTMED” // and finally Grant Agreement No. 963678 “MAGIC”.
- Control eligible costs, changes of item, extensions of implementation, explanatory reports, financial reports, and maintain a direct relationship with the research team
- Act as a permanent interlocutor with the Scientific Coordinator, Consortium partners and funding agencies, management units and so on to monitor the needs arising during the life of the grant: reassignment of resources, changes in research team, extension requests, and so on
- Control of the relationship with the auditors (CFS) and monitoring of the auditing process
- Supervise the impact, through the monitoring of indicators and verification sources, among other aspects, of the projects approved and ensure their implementation in keeping with the contractual commitments acquired.
- Identify potential calls for the funding of European projects and Euro-Mediterranean bilateral and regional projects in the Institute’s priority areas of work, and participate in the operational and strategic planning of fund raising and diversification
- Coordinate, in close relation with the areas concerned, the drafting and production of technical and budget requests, the forming of potential consortiums, and the preparation of related documents
- Process and manage the instructions received from the Services Directorate and advise on issues in its area of responsibility
- Other similar responsibilities entrusted to him/her in keeping with his/her status
- Proven minimum experience of three years in budget planning, monitoring and technical-scientific justification of European and international projects, and drafting them
- Additional training in Project Management
- Wide knowledge of the guidelines of the European funding programmes for research (H2020 and others)
- Experience with Mediterranean regional projects
- Knowledge of the southern Mediterranean countries
- Proven high command of English and French. CAE C1 English, DELF C French or equivalent or higher levels
- Proficiency in management of contents, web environment, database processing and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, PwP)
- The following personal skills: capacity for analysis, initiative and teamwork and networking, planning and organisation, decision-making, autonomy, operational leadership, communication, negotiation skills, flexibility and adaptation to change, resilience, and a committed and proactive attitude in the workplace, high ability for interpersonal relations and conciliation to constantly find solutions in a proactive way
- Time availability to adapt to the needs of the service and work in split shifts
Nature of the position
Temporary full time contract for a specific project or service.
Duration of the service: until completion of project or service. Approximately until 31 December 2022.
Those meeting the requisites can apply for the position by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The e-mail must include the following:
– In the subject section, the reference code Controller + NAME
In the text section: surname(s) and name(s), NIF (tax code), contact telephone and academic qualifications.
– Attachment document 1: a motivation letter (between 2 and 3 pages, Arial 12).
– Attachment document 2: CV featuring a brief description of the tasks carried in the positions held related to European Project Coordinator.
Deadline for submission of applications is 10 calendar days from the day after the date of its publication.
The selection system will be as follows:
Analysis of attached documents 1 and 2 to assess aspects related to academic qualifications, specific knowledge and professional experience, as well as motivations, skills and capacities related to the position.
Once the two previous documents are analysed, the shortlisted candidates can be called for an interview, if appropriate, to check and broaden the detailed information and assess the aspects related to professional skills.
Finally, if appropriate, applicants can be called for a practical test to assess if they have the technical skills required for the position.
In the case of equally qualified candidates, those with a pre-existing permanent link with the Administration of the Government of Catalonia or with the organisations or bodies in its public sector will have priority.
Applications that do not fulfil the requisites, do not satisfy the conditions set out or do not follow the procedure established will not be considered.
Depending on the number of applications submitted, the IEMed can only guarantee individualised replies to those who are interviewed.
Absolute confidentiality will be guaranteed during the selection process.
Personal data protection
In accordance with Law 3/2018 of 5 December on personal data protection and guarantee of digital rights, we inform you that the personal data provided will be processed in keeping with the regulation indicated, as follows:
Basic information on personal data protection
Selection and provision processes
Identification of the processing: Human Resources Management
Responsible for processing: European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed)
Purpose: Manage the processes of selection and provision of staff of the IEMed. The personal curricular data provided in the framework of this call will be processed by the European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed) in order to manage the submission of your application to fill the position specified in the call.
Recipients: Your data will not be transferred to other organisations or bodies except in the case of legal obligation.
Length: Data is held as long as the call is open and once completed according to the terms established in the applicable regulation.
Rights of persons concerned: Request access, rectification or deletion of data, and limitation or opposition to processing. You can exercise the rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation, or exercise the right to portability of your data, by writing to the IEMed data protection delegate, accompanied by a copy of an official identification document.
IEMed data protection delegate: Anna Roy i Solduga
Address: C/ Girona, 20 08010 Barcelona
Telephone: 93 244 98 50 (Monday to Friday, 10 am to 2 pm)
If you do not agree with processing, you can also submit a claim to the Catalan Data Protection Authority, www.apdcat.net
Additional information: You can consult information on the rights of persons concerned and how to exercise them at https://www.iemed.org/iemed/avis-legal/avis-legal
Those interested can lodge an appeal against this administrative act with Employment Tribunals within two months from the day after its publication, in accordance with provisions in Article 69.2 of Law 36/2011 of 10 October regulating the Employment Tribunals and following the procedure established in articles 151 and 152 of this law, notwithstanding the right to lodge any other appeal they may deem appropriate for the defence of his/her interests.