Unfortunately, we must inform you that the Mediterranean Traineeship Programme planned for the year 2023 cannot take place.
We regret the inconvenience caused by this fact to the people who have submitted their candidacy.
The 2023 call is now closed
- Traineeships in IEMed’s fields (up to 3 fields can be chosen):
a) Euro-Mediterranean policies
b) Arab and Islamic world
c) Sustainable development and regional integration
d) Culture, gender, and civil society in the Euro-Mediterranean region: Culture and civil society
e) Gender in the Euro-Mediterranean region: Gender
f) Institutional support and Euro-Mediterranean relations
- Traineeship in administrative management
- Traineeship in the Communication Department (Corporate website, social networks, and press)
Deadline for applications: Thursday, 10th November 2022
Amount of the grant: 10.800,00 euros (2700 euros/gross quarterly)
The grants are addressed to higher degree graduates who are nationals of one of the 43 countries of the Euro-Mediterranean region.
How to apply?
There are different ways to submit your application:
- At the IEMed (carrer Girona 20, 5th floor, 08010 Barcelona). Our working hours are from 9.00h till 15.00h and from 16.00h till 18.00h on Monday-Thursday and from 9.00h till 14.30h on Friday.
- At any post office in Spanish territory. Your application form and the attached documents must be inside an open envelope so that it can be dated and stamped being registered. Once sent, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org informing about it and attach all the submitted documents in their digital version and a photograph of the application form once sealed. Candidacies received after the 10th of November with no email announcing them within the indicated deadline, will not be admitted.
- At any Spanish diplomatic representation or consulate or any delegation of the Government of Catalonia that have document registries. Please indicate the IEMed as the address of the application. Your application form and the documents must be inside an open envelope so that they can be registered. Once sent, please write an email to email@example.com informing about it and attach all the submitted documents in their digital version and a photograph of the application form once registered. Candidacies received after the 10th of November with no email announcing them within the indicated deadline, will not be admitted.
- Online with an electronic certificate at the website of the Government of Catalonia. (For help, visit https://web.gencat.cat/ca/tramits/com-tramitar-en-linia/)
Please note that applications cannot be submitted by email.
Can I apply if I am about to graduate?
To be able to apply for the internships, you must have the title at the time the application submission period closes, that is, on 10th of November 2022.
Is it mandatory to know Catalan?
It is not mandatory to know Catalan to apply, although it can ensure up to 5 points out of a total of 100 points.
We invest in youth that is committed to work
towards Euro-Mediterranean project
We strongly believe that young people drive ideas and are key to promote social change, innovation, dialogue and positive engagement of communities across the Euro-Mediterranean region, founded on culture of mutual trust, tolerance, understanding and respect. Therefore, the purpose of our Mediterranean Traineeship Program is to empower, mentor and develop future generation of leaders in sectors and areas that align with our mission by fostering their skills and capabilities and their understanding of trends and challenges in the region.
Learning and Development
Continuous learning and development is backbone of every personal and professional success. Our program is directed at young people passionate about Euro-Mediterranean relations, striving for excellence and willing to broaden their knowledge and skills in their specific areas of competence. The program has two primary goals: to enable young graduates to put into practice knowledge acquired during studies in several areas of competence, including Euro-Mediterranean policies, Arab world, gender, socio-economic and human development, culture and civil society, project management, communication, as well as to empower, mentor and equip young people with practical skills and experience of the day-to-day work of an organisation working in the field of Euro-Mediterranean relations, helping youth to find their successful way on the labour market (or – thus ensuring their employment success).
Since 2010, over 90 young people from 10 countries completed our program. Our alumni are making transformational impact nationally and internationally holding public offices, working at European institutions, producing knowledge in research institutes and think tanks, and mobilizing actors at civil society organizations and private sector.
Multicultural and professional environment
Participants of our program work hand in hand and under leadership of our senior staff. They also receive personal and professional development guidance from our talented and diverse team, from program to operations professionals. By working and interacting with people with different backgrounds, ethnicity, gender and age, you will broaden your horizons, improve communication approaches, and benefit from broader perspectives that will make assignments and projects exciting, help you design creative solutions to problems and achieve impactful results.
Hands-on experience and practical skills
One-year traineeship program has been designed to offer young graduates a unique experience to work and develop in a positive and professional work environment. By being involved in our research activities and development programs, you will acquire and upgrade your analytical skills, enhance your capacity to work effectively in a group to achieve common goals, learn how to manage, prioritize and communicate effectively, as well as increase your cultural awareness. As such, you will acquire transferable skills and tools that will pave your professional career path.
Contribution to management of European projects
The IEMed has an extensive experience and renowned expertise in coordinating and participating in research and cooperation and development projects funded by the EU, development agencies and international organisations. Our trainees are actively involved in daily management of national and international grants. Under the guidance and leadership of our highly skilled project managers, you will be provided with tools and knowledge on how to plan and execute projects, including planning, governance, engagement of international stakeholders, delivery of results, as well as monitoring and reporting.
Participation in regional events
As a trainee, you will be directly engaged in organisation of national, international and regional lectures, workshops and conferences, gathering actors from different sectors, including high level policy makers, researchers, academics, civil society organisations and representatives of the private sector. The participation in those events is a unique opportunity to join, get insights, network and build relationship with the community of experts and practitioners discussing trends and policy options to Euro-Mediterranean challenges.
Being from a southern Mediterranean country, the IEMed scholarship presented me with an opportunity of a worthwhile first professional experience in Europe, I was able to learn and contribute in a warm and welcoming environment.Batoul Benyamina
If I should describe my traineeship at IEMed in one word, that’s “union”. A union of cultures and thoughts, and a professional support for youth’s emancipation. IEMed paved my path towards working at the EU Delegation in Morocco.Anass Benmokhtar