The Euromed Young Researchers Forum receives nearly 200 applications

4 August 2021 | Corporate news
slideshow image

The Euromed Young Researchers Lab is a unique opportunity for young researchers and high-level students, younger than 36 years old who wish to boost their skills and gain visibility in the field. Each year, a selected group of analysts attends this project to investigate and exchange ideas about specific issues of Euro-Mediterranean that can contribute to policy debates. One of the main aims of this initiative is to empower young qualified professionals and especially young female researchers. This year we have received nearly 200 applications. Approximately 51% of them were submitted by women whereas the remaining 49% was submitted by men, thus achieving a satisfactory gender balanced response. Furthermore, applications from all around the Mediterranean have been received. Around 84% of the applicants belong to Southern Mediterranean countries and the remaining 16% have applied from Euro Mediterranean countries.

This opportunity includes a wide range of activities that are designed to offer young researchers the chance to improve their skills, connect and network with their colleagues from different parts of the Mediterranean. The initiative also favours relevant stakeholders and policymakers that can benefit from the innovative research that these collaborators offer.