Technical and administrative support of the Arab and Mediterranean World Department
Description of the position
Description of the position
Workplace: European Institute of the Mediterranean
Department: Arab and Mediterranean World Department
Position name: Technical and administrative support related to the research action of the Arab and Mediterranean World Department
Category: Technical-Administrative Officer
Group, Sub-group: C1
Salary: 22.425,76 € gross/year
Preferably candidates with a pre-existing permanent link with the Administration of the Government of Catalonia or with the organisations and bodies in its public sector (in compliance with Article 33 of Law 4/2020 of 11 March on Budgets of the Government of Catalonia for 2020).
Applications can also be submitted by candidates who, although not complying with the aforementioned requisite, hold the following qualifications:
- Secondary school diploma, specialist officer, vocational 2nd degree training diploma or equivalent. Candidates from EU member states must hold one of the qualifications recognised in Spain in keeping with what is established by the applicable regulation in force.
- Catalan sufficiency level certificate (level C) or equivalent.
Fundamental objective of the place or mission
Technical and administrative support related to the research action of the Arab and Mediterranean World Department.
- Execution of the actions and programmes indicated by the Director of the Arab and Mediterranean Department and the management
- Support for research on issues related to processes of radicalisation and violent extremism
- Monitoring and analysis of socio-political current affairs in the MENA and Balkan region
- Drafting of contents reports
- Compilation and verification of documentation and start of procedures
- Processing of analytical data for research
- Support in the organisation of conferences, seminars, presentations and meetings
- Support in the assessment, proofreading and editing of publications related to the department
- Updating and management of contents for their inclusion in online environments and social and media networks
- Promotion of the activities carried out
- Support in the drafting and generation of contents related to the work of the Department
- Support in the preparation of technical and financial execution justificatory reports
- Management of day-to-day tasks
- General support for the Department and the management and related tasks
- Proven experience of two years in academic research
- Proven minimum experience of two years in workplaces carrying out tasks similar to those related to the position to be filled
- Knowledge of issues related to processes of radicalisation and violent extremism
- Proven higher proficiency in English and French:
- C2 English certificate, or equivalent or higher level
- DELF B2 French, or equivalent or higher level
- Basic knowledge of Arabic and languages in the Balkan region
- Command of contents and website managers and the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PwP)
- Capacity for analysis, initiative and teamwork
- Creative and networking skills
- Committed and proactive attitude in the workplace
- Capacity for initiative, planning and organisation
- Time availability to adapt to the needs of the service and split shift work
- Availability to travel
Nature of the position
Temporary contract for work and service. Immediate start.
Duration of service: one year
Those meeting the requisites can apply for the position by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail must include the following:
- In the subject section, the reference code IEMed/SuportMAM2021
- In the text section: surname(s) and name(s), NIF (tax code), contact telephone and academic qualifications.
- Attachment document 1: A report between two and five pages, explaining the reasons, in keeping with their knowledge, skills and interests, for applying for the position of reference
- Attachment document 2: CV featuring a brief description of the tasks undertaken in positions related to this position
Deadline for submission of applications is 10 calendar days from the day after the date of its publication.
Deadline for submission of applications is 20 September 2021.
- Analysis of attached documents 1 and 2 to assess aspects related to the academic and professional record as well as motivations, skills and capacities related to the position.
- Once the two previous documents are analysed, the shortlisted candidates can be called for an interview, if appropriate, to check and broaden the detailed information and assess the aspects related to professional skills, motivations and capabilities.
In the case of equally qualified candidates, those with a pre-existing permanent link with the Administration of the Government of Catalonia or with the organisations or bodies in its public sector, in compliance with the Government Agreement of 12 May 2015, will take preference.
Applications that do not fulfil the requisites, do not satisfy the conditions set out or do not follow the procedure established will not be considered.
Depending on the number of applications submitted, the IEMed can only guarantee individualised replies to those who are interviewed.
Absolute confidentiality will be guaranteed during the selection process.
We inform you that, in compliance with art. 9.1 e) of Law 19/2014, of 29 December, on Transparency, Access to Public Information and Good Governance, in the case of being the person selected for the position, your name and surname(s) will be published on the website of the European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed) for one month, except if you exercise the right to opposition by writing to email@example.com that there is some special circumstance that legally justifies their non publication.
Personal data protection
In keeping with the Organic Law 3/2018, of 5 December, on Personal Data Protection and Guarantee of Digital Rights, we inform you that the personal data provided will be processed in compliance with the aforementioned regulation, as follows:
Basic information on personal data protection
Selection and provision processes
Identification of the processing: Human Resource Managment
Responsible for processing: European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed)
Aim: Manage the processes of selection and provision of IEMed personnel. The personal data provided on the CV in the framework of this call will be the object of processing by the European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed) to manage your application to fill the position specified in the call.
Recipients: Your data will not be transferred to other organisations or bodies except in the case of legal obligation.
Duration: The data will be held as long as the call is open and, once completed, it will be held in accordance with the terms established in the applicable regulation.
Rights of the persons concerned: You can exercise the rights of access, rectification, cancellation, opposition, data limitation and data portability by writing, with the copy of the official identification document, to the IEMed Data Protection Delegate
IEMed Data Protection Delegate: Anna Roy i Solduga
Postal address: C/ Girona, 20 08010 Barcelona, 08008 Barcelona
Telephone: 93 244 98 50 (Monday to Friday, 10 am to 2 pm).
In case of disagreement with the processing, you are also entitled to submit a complaint to the Catalan Data Protection Authority, www.apdcat.net
Other information::You can consult information on the rights of persons concerned and how to exercise them at https://www.iemed.org/iemed/avis-legal/
9. Regime of appeals
Against this call, the interested party may file a labor lawsuit before the Social Courts within two months from the day after its publication, in accordance with the provisions established in article 69.2 of Law 36/2011, of 10 October, regulating social jurisdiction -LRJS-, and following the procedure established in articles 151 and 152 of the referred LRJS, without prejudice to the possibility of filing any other appeal that it deems appropriate for the defense of its interests.