1. Characteristics of the position
The European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed) needs to fill the position of Research Officer in the field of Euro-Mediterranean Policies EuroMesCo, C1, in the framework of the action of the European Union grant ENI/2019/412-960.
Workplace: European Institute of the Mediterranean
Field of work: Euro-Mediterranean Policies EuroMeSCO
Name of the position: Research Officer
Category: Administrative Officer
Group, Subgroup: C1
Hours: Full time, morning and afternoon, 37.5h weekly
Preferably candidates with a pre-existing permanent link with the Administration of the Government of Catalonia or with the organisations and bodies in its public sector (in compliance with Article 33 of Law 4/2020 of 29 April on Budgets of the Government of Catalonia for 2020).
Applications can also be submitted by candidates who, although not complying with the aforementioned requisite, hold the following:
- Secondary school qualification, specialist technician, 2nd level vocational training diploma or equivalent. Candidates from European Union member states must hold some of the qualifications recognised in Spain in accordance with the regulations in force.
- Sufficiency level in Catalan (level C) or equivalent.
Under the guidance of the Head of the IEMed Euro-Mediterranean Policy Department, of the IEMed management, and the Head of Research and Communications, and as a part of the EuroMeSCo project team, in the framework of the action of the European Union grant ENI/2019/412-960, the Research Officer will have to achieve the project’s expected outcomes in terms of research. This will include:
- Coordinating the processes of drafting, fieldwork, peer-to-peer review, translation and editing for EuroMeSCo publications.
- Ensuring the quality of the project’s outcomes and the alignment of the researchers selected with the criteria established. This task includes text editing.
- Implementation of selection processes to identify researchers and participants.
- Directly responsible for the activities of the project related with the management of the Plan for Young Euro-Mediterranean Researchers.
- Suggest innovative ideas, activities and sources of funding to make EuroMeSCo evolve and improve.
- Assistance to the team in charge of the Yearbook of the Mediterranean.
- These tasks may involve travelling to the Euro-Mediterranean region.
- Other similar functions entrusted to him/her according to category.
4. Aspects valued
- Proven knowledge and/or experience in the field of research linked to international relations, European external policy, Euro-Mediterranean relations, security, migration or economic development.
- Proven experience in publishing and editing processes.
- Command of English and experience in drafting and/or editing reports and texts in this language.
- Knowledge of French and Arabic.
- The following personal skills: thoroughness; teamwork; resilience; speaking in public; initiative; proactive attitude to solving problems in the workplace; networking.
- Availability to travel to the region.
- Experience in positions related to Mediterranean regional projects.
5. Nature of the position
- Temporary full time contract for a specific project or service.
- Duration of the service: until completion of project or service. Approximately until 31 December 2022.
- Immediate start
Those meeting the requisites can apply for the position by writing to email@example.com.
The e-mail must include the following:
– In the subject section, the reference code research + NAME
– In the text section: surname(s) and name(s), NIF (tax code), contact telephone and academic qualifications.
– Attachment document 1: a motivation letter (between 2 and 3 pages, Arial 12).
– Attachment document 2: CV featuring a brief description of the tasks carried out in the positions held related to that of Research Officer.
Deadline for submission of applications is 2 November 2021.
7. Selection procedure
- Analysis of attached documents 1 and 2 to assess aspects related to academic qualifications and professional experience concerning the position
- Once the two previous documents are analysed, the shortlisted candidates can be called for an interview and/or test, if appropriate, to check and broaden the information detailed and assess the aspects related to professional skills, motivations, abilities and capacities.
In the case of equally qualified candidates, those with a pre-existing permanent link with the Administration of the Government of Catalonia or with the organisations or bodies in its public sector will have priority, in accordance with Government Agreement of 12 May 2015.
Applications that do not fulfil the requisites, do not satisfy the conditions set out or do not follow the procedure established will not be considered.
Depending on the number of applications submitted, the IEMed can only guarantee individualised replies to those who are interviewed.
Absolute confidentiality will be guaranteed during the selection process.
8. Personal data protection
In accordance with Law 3/2018 of 5 December on personal data protection and guarantee of digital rights, we inform you that the personal data provided will be processed in keeping with the regulation indicated, as follows:
Basic information on personal data protection
Selection and provision processes
Identification of the processing: Human Resources Management
Responsible for processing: European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed)
Purpose: Manage the processes of selection and provision of staff of the IEMed. The personal curricular data provided in the framework of this call will be processed by the European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed) in order to manage the submission of your application to fill the position specified in the call.
Recipients: Your data will not be transferred to other organisations or bodies except in the case of legal obligation.
Length: Data is held as long as the call is open and once completed according to the terms established in the applicable regulation.
Rights of persons concerned: Request access, rectification or deletion of data, and limitation or opposition to processing. You can exercise the rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation, or exercise the right to portability of your data, by writing to the IEMed data protection delegate, accompanied by a copy of an official identification document.
IEMed data protection delegate: Anna Roy i Solduga
Address: C/ Girona, 20 08010 Barcelona
Telephone: 93 244 98 50 (Monday to Friday, 10 am to 2 pm)
If you do not agree with processing, you can also submit a claim to the Catalan Data Protection Authority, www.apdcat.net
Additional information: You can consult information on the rights of persons concerned and how to exercise them at https://www.iemed.org/iemed/avis-legal/avis-legal
9. Appeal procedure
Those interested can lodge an appeal against this administrative act with Employment Tribunals within two months from the day after its publication, in accordance with provisions in Article 69.2 of Law 36/2011 of 10 October regulating the Employment Tribunals and following the procedure established in articles 151 and 152 of this law, notwithstanding the right to lodge any other appeal they may deem appropriate for the defence of his/her interests.