CreAct4Med – CReative Entrepreneurs ACTing FOR the future MEDiterranean
CREACT4MED is a project co-funded by the EU, which aims to strengthen businesses within the Cultural and Creative Industries (CCIs). It seeks to support entrepreneurs, start-ups, and SMEs, create jobs and foster sustainable economic growth in the Southern Mediterranean (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia), with a particular focus on young people and women.
- Project full name: CReative Entrepreneurs ACTing FOR the future MEDiterranean
- Grant agreement number: ENI/2019/412-505
- Budget: 2,220,675 EUR – funded by the EU Commission (90%)
- Timeline of implementation: 2020 – 2024
CREACT4MED mission and goals:
- Boost CCI businesses and entrepreneurship in the Southern Mediterranean, increasing the capacity of CCI to attract investment, create jobs, and foster inclusive economic growth.
- Empower current and potential entrepreneurs, in particular young people and women, to start or grow CCI businesses through tailored training and financing opportunities.
- Establish a regional CCI hub to bring together actors from North Africa, the Middle East, and Europe, strengthening networking, exchanges, and cooperation in the sector across the Mediterranean.
CREACT4MED is led by the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA). Project Partners are the European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMED), the Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises (BUSINESSMED), the Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (IED), the Caito University Faculty of Economics and Political Science Business Incubator (FEPS BI), AFAEMME, Beyond Group, LUMSA, MED Confederation, Neapolis University Pafos, Positive Agenda and Womenpreneur.
Visit the project’s website here.