Project Technical Support for INVESTMED project (C1)Download call
1. Characteristics of the position
Workplace: European Institute of the Mediterranean
Field of work: Sustainable Development and Regional Integration Department
Name of the position: Project and Communication Technical Support
Group, Subgroup: C1
Remuneration: 22.425,76 € gross / year
Shifts: Full time, split workday of 37.5 hours per week
Preferably personnel with a pre-existing fixed link with the Administration of the Generalitat de Catalunya or with public sector entities (in compliance with article 33 of Law 4/2020, April 29, on budgets of the Generalitat of Catalonia for 2020).
People who, despite not complying with the requirement of the previous section, may also present their candidacy:
- Be in possession of the qualification: category C1: Bachelor’s degree, Specialist technician, 2nd degree professional training certificate or equivalent. Applicants from Member States of the European Union must be in possession of one of the titles recognized in Spain in accordance with the provisions of current regulations on the matter.
- Certificate of Catalan proficiency level (level C) or equivalent.
3. Job functions
3.1. Fundamental objective of the position or mission
Under the guidance of the Director of the Sustainable Development and Regional Integration Department and as part of the INVESTMED project team, in the frame of action of the ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme 2014-2020 project “InNoVativE Sustainable sTart-ups for the MEDiterranean” (INVESTMED), the Project Technical Support will be asked to provide support to the implementation of the INVESTMED project, which seeks to provide new sustainable opportunities for young women and men in three Mediterranean countries (Egypt, Lebanon and Tunisia), with the aim of creating socially and environmentally responsible jobs.
The IEMed, as a project partner responsible for the design and management of the grant scheme for the final beneficiaries of INVESTMED, seeks to fill a position of Project Technical Support to support the INVESTMED Project Manager and the IEMed Project Coordinator in the implementation of INVESTMED and other initiatives that may strengthen its impact.
3.2. Detailed functions
- Provide technical and administrative support to the Project Manager;
- Monitor the progress of the project and write progress and financial reports;
- Give support to the organization of events and conferences within the framework of the INVESTMED project;
- Prepare promotional material, communication and dissemination activities under the guidance of the Project Manager;
- Write minutes and reports.
- Propose innovative ideas and activities to promote the project and new initiatives in the field of sustainable job creation and the empowerment of women and youth.
- Other similar functions related to his category.
4. Aspects to be assessed
- Previous work experience in multi-stakeholder cooperation and project management (possible in a Euro-Mediterranean context).
- Academic or professional experience related to the Mediterranean area.
- Previous experience in writing narrative and financial project reports
- Accreditable proficiency level of English and Spanish: experience in writing and / or editing reports and texts.
- Knowledge of French and Arabic will be positively valued.
- Very good organizational skills, responsibility and diligence
- Dynamic and proactive attitude
- Ability to work with a team and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Very good writing and communication skills
- Good computer skills. Domain of content management software, website and the Office package (Word, Excel, Access, PWP)
- The following will also be valued: Previous experience in drafting project proposals;
5. Nature of position
Temporary work and service contract
Duration of service: until the completion of the work and service, with the possibility of extension. Expected until December 2022
Those who are interested and meet the requirements can submit their application by
sending an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The e-mail must include the following:
– In the subject section, the reference code INVESTMED 11/2021 + SURNAME
– In the text section: surname(s) and name(s), NIF (tax code), contact telephone and academic qualifications.
– Attachment document 1: A motivation letter of a maximum of two pages, which will state the reasons, in accordance with your knowledge, skills and interests, for which you have submitted your candidacy for the reference job
– Attachment document 2: CV, containing a brief description of the studies the tasks carried out in the occupied places similar to the position.
Deadline for submission of applications is 20/12/2021, inclusive.
7. Selection procedure
Analysis of the documents 1 and 2 to assess aspects related to the academic and professional career related to the job.
- Once the two previous documents have been analysed, the applications that are best valued can be called for an interview and / or test where appropriate, to verify and expand the detailed information and to assess the aspects related to professional competences, motivations, skills and abilities.
In the event of a tie in the evaluation of the applications, the personnel with a fixed preexisting relationship with the Administration of the Generalitat or with public sector entities, in accordance with the Government Agreement (in compliance with article 33 of Law 4/2020, April 29, on budgets of the Generalitat of Catalonia for 2020).
Demands that do not meet the requirements, that are not included within the expected assumptions or are not processed in accordance with the established procedure, will not be taken into consideration.
Depending on the volume of applications submitted, an individualized response can only be guaranteed to those who are interviewed. Absolute confidentiality will be guaranteed throughout the selection process.
We inform that, in compliance with art. 9.1 e) of Law 19/2014, of December 29, on transparency, access to public information and good governance, in case you are the person selected for the offered place, your name and surname will be published on the website of the European Institute for the Mediterranean (IEMed) for one month, unless you exercise the right of opposition by informing the address email@example.com, that there is some special circumstance that legally justifies its non-publication.
8. Personal data protection
In accordance with Organic Law 3/2018, of 5 December, on the Protection of Personal Data and the Guarantee of Digital Rights, we inform you that the personal data provided will be assessed in compliance with the aforementioned regulations, as follows:
|Basic information on personal data protection
Selection and provision processes
Responsible for processing: European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed)
Aim: to manage the processes of selection and provision of IEMed workforce. The personal curricular data provided in the framework of this call will be processed by the European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed) in order to manage the presentation of your application to fill the position specified in the call.
Recipients: Your data will not be transferred to other organisations or bodies except in the case of legal obligation.
Duration: The data will be held as long as the call is open and, once completed, it will be held in accordance with the terms established in the applicable regulation
Rights of the persons concerned: You can exercise the rights of access, rectification, cancellation, opposition, data limitation and data portability by writing, with the copy of the official identification document, to the IEMed Data Protection Delegate
IEMed Data Protection Delegate: Anna Roy i Solduga
Postal address: C/ Girona, 20 08010 Barcelona, 08008 Barcelona
Tephone: 93 244 98 50 (Monday to Friday, 10 am to 2 pm).
In case of disagreement with the processing, you are also entitled to submit a complaint to the Catalan Data Protection Authority, www.apdcat.net
Other information: You can consult information on the rights of persons concerned and how to exercise them at https://www.iemed.org/iemed/avis-legal/