Project Manager CLUSTER
Description of the position
Workplace: European Institute of the Mediterranean
Area: Euro-Mediterranean Gender Equality Program
Job title: Project Manager
Category: Program Manager
Group, Subgroup: B1
Salary: € 26,506,44 gross / year
Preferably personnel with a fixed pre-existing link with the Administration of the Generalitat of Catalonia or with the entities and entities of its public sector (in compliance with article 33 of Law 4/2020, April 29, on budgets of the Generalitat of Catalonia for 2020)
People who, despite not meeting the requirement of the previous section, meet the rest of the requirements may also present their candidacy:
• To be in possession of the qualification: category B1: Title of superior technician, Professional Training of Superior Degree or Superior Technician. Applicants must be in possession of one of the titles recognized in Spain in accordance with the provisions of current regulations on the matter.
• Certificate of Catalan proficiency level (level C) or equivalent.
Fundamental objective of the position or mission
The CLUSTER project is funded under the ENI CBC MED program with the European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed) as the main partner and implemented through a consortium of partners from Italy, Cyprus, France, Jordan, Palestine and Tunisia. The project aims to address social exclusion and poverty among vulnerable groups, focusing on youth and women, taking advantage of the results of previous projects, and equipping the unemployed with market skills in the Sustainable Economy sectors, taking advantage of a trilingual platform on -line that IEMed manages as a founding member and secretariat of the Euro Mediterranean Women’s Foundation.
The CLUSTER project will create a lasting impact on its final beneficiaries throughout the Euromed region. Through online tools such as training courses, e-platform and coaching, the project will impact at least 2,800 people unemployed, strengthening their skills in sustainable economies and increasing their employment opportunities. Employment services and education providers will boost their capacities to combine supply and demand skills, and economic players will benefit from skilled youth workforce, contributing to the long-term growth of companies. In addition, public operators in the Euromed area will receive tangible recommendations on the design of sustainable youth / women employment schemes based on designed action plans.
IEMed, as the main partner of the project, intends to fill the position of Project Manager who will collaborate closely with the organisation’s Project Coordinator and will guarantee the implementation of high-impact and quality projects and effective coordination with the consortium partners, performing follow-up tasks, evaluation and information, leading the writing of recommendations for claiming purposes and in innovative communication initiatives.
• Coordinate the technical, financial and administrative management of the CLUSTER project in close coordination with the project team and partners;
• Coordinate and guarantee the highest quality reports and recommendations delivery with a spirit for improvement, as well as other documentation;
• Serve as a liaison with the project partners, the grantor, the target groups and other stakeholders at the Mediterranean level;
• Lead the organization of the project events (conceptualization, logistical organization of the speakers and participants);
• Represent and promote the project in international meetings and congresses;
• Proactively promote networking and the construction of collaborations between the project’s stakeholders;
• Supervise, guide and proactively support project partners in the implementation of project activities;
• Lead communication and dissemination activities, including the preparation of promotional material, in close collaboration with the Head of Projects and Communications; Ensure periodic monitoring of project progress and publish narrative and financial reports in accordance with the requirements of the ENI CBC MED program in close collaboration with the IEMed Project Coordinator;
• Propose innovative ideas and activities to promote the project and new initiatives in the field of gender equality and the inclusion of women;
• Other similar functions that are entrusted to him according to his category.
• Higher technical studies and complementary training in the field of social sciences, gender studies or any other relevant field.
• Proven experience of a minimum of 2 years in multi-stakeholder cooperation and development projects
• Knowledge and / or proven experience with international relations, Euro-Mediterranean relations, women and youth
• Proven experience in coordinating research and preparing recommendations for claims purposes, especially in the Mediterranean
• Proven experience in coordinating youth and / or women-centred initiatives in the Euro-Mediterranean region
• Proven experience in the coordination and conceptualization of communication tools
• Accuracy and professionalism in the production and editing of documents
• Competence in content management, web environment, database processing and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PWP).
• Proficiency in English (C1 level) and good knowledge of French and Spanish (B2 level). Knowledge of the Arabic language will be valued.
• It will also be valued: Experience related to grants both in technical and financial aspects of the project and previous experience in writing grant narrative reports and progress and evolution reports of grant projects.
• The following personal skills and characteristics: High level of organizational and leadership skills and ability to manage many different moving parts at the same time; good communication skills, ability to speak in public and build positive working relationships with the project team and partners, ability to work proactively, independently and efficiently in a multicultural environment
• Availability to travel
Form of occupation
Temporary work and service contract.
Duration of the service: until the completion of the work and service, for guidance until September 30, 2023, with the possibility of an extension
Interested people who meet the requirements can request their participation in the offer by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must include the following:
• In the subject section, the reference code PROJECT CLUSTER B1
• In the section reserved for text: surname and first name, NIF, contact telephone number, and academic qualification.
• As an attached document 1: A report of a maximum of two pages, in which you must State the reasons, according to your knowledge, skills and interests, for which you have submitted your candidacy.
• As attached document 2: CV containing a brief description of the studies carried out and the tasks conducted in previous jobs that are similar advertised
The deadline for submitting applications for this offer ends on September 20, 2021.
• Analysis of attached documents 1 and 2 to assess aspects related to academic and professional career, related to the job being selected.
• Once the two previous documents have been analyzed, candidates that are best suited will be called for an interview and / or test, where appropriate, to verify and expand the detailed information and to assess the aspects related to professional skills, motivations and abilities.
In the event of a tie in the evaluation of the candidatures, the personnel with a fixed pre-existing relationship with the Administration of the Generalitat or with entities of the public sector, in accordance with the Government Agreement of May 12 2015, will have preference.
Applicants that do not meet the requirements, that are not included within the expected assumptions or are not processed in accordance with the established procedure, will not be taken into account.
Depending on the volume of applications submitted, an individualized response will only be guaranteed to those who are interviewed. Absolute confidentiality is guaranteed throughout the selection process.
We inform that, in compliance with art. 9.1 e) Law 19/2014, of December 29, on transparency, access to public information and good governance, in case you are the person selected for the offered place, your name and surname will be published on the website of The European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed) for one month, except if you exercise the right of opposition by informing the address email@example.com, that there is some special circumstance that legally justifies its non-publication.
Personal data protection
In accordance with Law 3/2018, of 5 December, on personal data protection and guarantee of digital rights, personal data provided will be processed in keeping with the regulation indicated, as follows:
Basic information on personal data protection
Selection and provision processes
Identification of the processing: Human resources management
Responsible for processing: European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed)
Purpose: Manage the processes of selection and provision of staff of the IEMed. The personal curricular data provided in the framework of this call will be processed by the European Institute of the Mediterranean (IEMed) in order to manage the submission of your application to fill the position specified in the call.
Recipients: Your data will not be transferred to other organisations or bodies except in the case of legal obligation.
Length: Data is held as long as the call is open and once completed according to the terms established in the applicable regulation
Rights of persons concerned: Request access, rectification or deletion of data, and limitation or opposition to processing. You can exercise the rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation, or exercise the right to portability of your data, by writing to the IEMed data protection delegate, accompanied by a copy of an official identification document.
IEMed data protection delegate: Anna Roy i Solduga
Address: C/ Girona, 20 08010 Barcelona, 08008 Barcelona
Telephone: 93 244 98 50 (Monday to Friday, 10 am to 2 pm).
If you do not agree with processing, you can also submit a claim to the Catalan Data Protection Authority, www.apdcat.gencat.cat
Additional information: You can consult information on the rights of persons concerned and how to exercise them at www.iemed.org/avis-legal/
9. Regime of appeals
Against this call, the interested party may file a labor lawsuit before the Social Courts within two months from the day after its publication, in accordance with the provisions established in article 69.2 of Law 36/2011, of 10 October, regulating social jurisdiction -LRJS-, and following the procedure established in articles 151 and 152 of the referred LRJS, without prejudice to the possibility of filing any other appeal that it deems appropriate for the defense of its interests.